Monday 4 January 2016

FIT FOR 2016 - MY TOP FITNESS DVD'S AND GUIDES



Hi Guys and Happy New Year to you all!

As you've probably guessed, we all feel slightly sluggish and bit heavier after a Christmas period filled with food, drink (lots of drink!) and just being our lazy selves.

The cliché time of year comes beginning of January where the left over chocolates are thrown away and we begin our "New Year, New Me" phase. I admit, almost every year I say to myself, "this is the year I'm going to get myself in shape" and two weeks in, its a flop.

I genuinely try to eat as healthy as possible all year round, but lets be honest we all have our pig-out moments when we feel the need.

So I've compiled some of my favourite workout DVD's and guides to help myself along the way, with no need for an expensive gym membership. And don't you just feel much better when you've got yourself fit in the comfort of your own home and on your own time?? These I have used previously, but I am determined to stick too.



LEANDRO CARVALHO'S BRAZIL BUTT LIFT - BEACHBODY.CO.UK

Who doesn't want a good, firm behind? I originally found this whilst watching the shopping channels on TV. First I came across the INSANITY workout (Link here!) and thought there is no way on this earth I could possibly do that!! Then along came this little beauty. The trainer Leandro is a well-known trainer who have sculpted some of the most famous models on the planet including VS Angel Alessandra Ambrosio (and we all know how that's turned out) so I thought if he could make me near enough an eighth as good as she does, then I'm onto a winner!!

Don't get me wrong, this workout is very, very hard and you definitely feel the burn afterwards. But 4 weeks of 6 workouts a day and trust me, you can see results!

His proven TriAngle Training method works all three major muscles of the bum from multiple angles to:
  • REDUCE your hips and thighs, and melt away those stubborn saddlebags
  • SHAPE your gluteal muscles to get you a perfectly round derriere
  • LIFT your bum so it looks great from every angle
No matter what "derriere type" you have, Leandro has the personalised bum-transformation plan for you! He combines Brazilian dance, cardio, and signature lower-body sculpting moves to help you look divine from behind! In fact, when you work out with Leandro, you'll experience total-body toning so you'll good from every angle.

JILLIAN MICHAELS 30 DAY SHRED - AMAZON.CO.UK

If you've ever watched The Biggest Loser USA you will know that Jillian Michaels is one tough cookie! There has been many a time where contestants have broken down due to her "tough love" approach. But sometimes, we all need a good kick up the backside?!

Jillian's workout combines cardio, strength and resistance into a intense 20-30 minute workout a day, targeting all areas to SHRED that excess weight and tone you up. This is perfect if you have an event in a month or you want to shred a few extra pounds in a short amount of time, as there are 3 levels, which progressively get harder and more intense. I would recommend completing level 1 for 10 days, level 2 for ten days and then the hardest level 3 for the final 10 days. She maybe hard core, but the results are fast!

CHARLOTTE CROSBY'S 3 MINUTE BELLY BLITZ - AMAZON.CO.UK

Now I know that every year a celebrity reveals a dramatic weight loss transformation and the world becomes in ore and wants to know their secret - which 9/10 will come in the form of a fitness DVD and we all race to the shops to get a copy. But most of the time I don't believe in all that nonsense and always think there is a hidden money making machine behind it.  However, it must be said I AM A LOVER OF CHARLOTTE! If you watch Geordie Shore you will know she is hilariously outspoken and a crazy Geordie lass who isn't afraid to reveal her lady parts and throw up a time or two.

I have to be honest, I purchased this DVD purely because I was a fan. And I didn't realise it would be such an high intense workout! Basically the idea behind it is that there are 12 rounds of 3 minute HIIT exercises targeting mainly your stomach area. Put it this way, first time around I could only complete up to level 5! I have to commend the trainers involved as they have designed a nifty little workout which really broke a sweat with me! Definitely one to try!

BOB HARPER'S YOGA FOR THE WARRIOR - AMAZON.CO.UK

Have you met Bob Harper? if you haven't, where have you been? The second half of The Biggest Loser USA duo, Bob may be less fiery than Jillian - but believe me he isn't soft! I always wanted to try yoga, mainly because I saw the beauties like Miranda Kerr devoted to it. So Bob + yoga sounded like the perfect match! Again, this is tough and is definitely not the stereotypical relaxing, meditating type yoga - this is a killer! Although, you do feel yourself become slightly more flexible the more you do it and there is an added 15 minutes abs routine for an added push. I used to do this on my said "rest days" as I feel Bob really makes you stretch everything out.

BOOK : THE BODY COACH - LEAN IN 15 - AMAZON.CO.UK

We all love social media. Like I am instagram obsessed. And as you see all the time, there are a lot of fitness profiles that like to promote health and exercises for all of us. If you don't already, follow Joe Wicks @TheBodyCoach! Joe's 15 second videos turn into 15 minute meals that are lean and healthy, yet delicious and you are not depriving yourself of some tasty treats! A true genius! Can we all say LucyyyyBeeeeeeee (once you follow you will understand)

BOOK : LUCY MECKLENBURGH - BE BODY BEAUTIFUL - AMAZON.CO.UK

The results are clear when you see how far Lucy has come from her TOWIE days! She is glowing, toned and the healthiest she has ever been. Lucy's shows you how to nourish your body, energise the body with some easy workout routines and make you feel ten times as confident than you'll ever feel. Even when I've fallen off the track from time to time, I always try to keep to her recipes as you are guaranteed to feel clean and a lot more radiant.

So I hope this gives you a bit of an insight into my little world of health and fitness. If you have any other recommendations, please leave them below!!!

Liss xx




SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig